“Your bedroom should be a healing sanctuary, not a place that robs you of the rest your body requires for optimum health.”
How did you sleep last night? We all understand the importance of a good night’s sleep. Did you know that exposure to EMF can significantly disturb your sleep and lower its quality?
Let’s quickly recap what happens to our bodies when we sleep – and why getting good quality sleep is so important. When we sleep, we enter an altered state of consciousness where our bodies and minds are able to reset and recharge. Sleep is vital for both our mental and physical health, and is in fact one of the most important contributors to overall health.
Sleep does the following:
– improves productivity and concentration
– helps brain function
– reduces risk of disease, especially heart disease
– decreases risk of obesity
– improves social and emotional intelligence
– lowers inflammation
– lowers risk of depression
– boosts immune functioning
If our bedrooms are polluted by EMF radiation, our quality of sleep is drastically affected. EMF exposure in the bedroom can manifest in the following:
– allergy irritation
– feeling tired when waking up
– heart palpitations
– weak and painful muscles
– decrease in immune system strength
So how do we prevent these symptoms? We need to take some steps to lower EMFs in our bedrooms. Try out the following:
- Keep cellphones out of the bedroom. In addition to being mini cellphone towers, your phone’s blue light when viewed before bed can result in lowered sleep quality, or difficulty falling asleep.
- Remove all wireless devices from your bedroom – including baby monitors, landlines, or speakers.
- Unplug all electrical devices in your bedroom when it’s time to sleep. Even if turned off, these devices can emit harmful EMFs.
- If you are able to, switch to wired internet instead of Wi-Fi. If this is not an option for you, opt for turning your Wi-Fi router off before bed.
- Is your mattress coiled? Scientific studies suggest that mattresses with metal coils inside can act as a (gigantic!) antenna would. Switch to a metal free mattress.
Read More Here:
Fletcher, J. 2019. Why sleep is essential for health. Available: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325353
Jansen, E. 2020. Sleep 101: Why Sleep Is So Important to Your Health. Available: https://sph.umich.edu/pursuit/2020posts/why-sleep-is-so-important-to-your-health
Ruan, S. 2017. 8 Tips to Prevent EMF Sleep Disturbance. Available: https://www.ruanliving.com/blog/8-tips-to-prevent-emf-sleep-disturbance